By going virtual, you now have the opportunity to run or walk the race distance you select anytime during the month of September along any route you choose. The distance options are:
- traditional 5K (3.1 miles),
- 1 mile, or
- new 10k option since this can be done anywhere on your own.
We appreciate your continued support, but also understand the hardships and challenges created by the pandemic. Therefore, we are offering those who have previously registered the opportunity for a refund if you so desire. Your will receive a refund credited to the card you used when you registered minus the processing fees.
At the same time, if you wish to donate your entry fee, but do not plan to participate in the virtual race, you can do so by simply doing nothing more.
Everyone who participates or donates, will receive a super-soft race t-shirt. There is no need to do a pre-race packet pickup with a virtual race. Once we have our final participation numbers at the end of September, we will arrange a drive thru t-shirt pick-up in the parking lot at IHM in early October. For anyone who cannot attend the pick-up event, we will mail you your shirt(s) or look to potentially send them home through your IHM student.
Overall awards and age group awards will not be distributed this year, but bragging rights are still real. The inability to have in-person competition on the same course during the same conditions limits the fairness to awards. Instead, participants will be able to upload the results of their run to Run Signup and compare their time to others.
What do you need to do?
For those who have already registered, if you wish to:
- Stay registered at the event distance you originally selected, you do not need to do anything. Just run or walk anytime during September and log your results.
- Change to a different event distance, please look for an email announcing the virtual race and reply to it indicating which different event you wish to run or walk.
- Donate your entry fee, but do not plan to participate, you do not need to do anything. Thank you for your contribution.
- Receive a refund, please look for an email announcing the virtual race and reply to it indicating you would like to be refunded.
Registration will remain open through September 30 for any new participants. Results for all participants will need to be uploaded by September 30.
Finally, thank you again for your continued support. We apologize for the delayed communication as we tried to work through the best pathway to switching to a virtual race. We encourage you to stay active during these times for both good mental and physical health and create some healthy competition between friends as we remain socially distant, but together in spirt. We hope to see everyone back in-person in May 2021. Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and we’ll respond accordingly.
Good luck & happy running!
IHM Mustang 5K Committee
TBA in Early October
Race Day & Time
Anytime during the month of September
Course of your choosing